1/30/09

Eric's Bedroom

When Eric turned 18, I pretty much decided not to bug him anymore about his bedroom and allowed him to live in whatever manner of squalor he chose, as long as it stayed in his room. About a month before he left on his mission, I told him he should box up anything he cares about because whatever he didn't take care of, we would take care of. He never really got around to tackling it....probably too overwhelming for him. On the Saturday after Eric left, Randy spent all day Saturday going through everything in the room.

This picture is the state of the room AFTER six hours of work and removing quite a bit of stuff including two large bags of garbage. Alike things are organized in piles now....see the pile of whoppers?....that's the food pile! I was happy when Randy brought me about eight pairs of my socks....I was wondering what happened to them....it turns out my son was a sock thief! Why do laundry, when you can borrow clean ones?!

I probably shouldn't be airing our dirty laundry (literally) in public but I find it quite amusing! I'll be sure to post the finished project when Randy finishes it!

4 comments:

Tami said...

Airing dirty laundry...ar ar!

That is quite a room. The first thing that came to mind while reading about it is the boy smell! It had to have smelled bad. Not that Eric smells bad but boy's room always do...even the perfectly cleaned ones. Why do boys always smell like wet puppies?!

Tamila said...

Hey, as the owner of a puppy and the bather of many a little boy, I maintain that boys and their associated paraphanalia smell WORSE than wet puppies.

Anonymous said...

Love his Choice of sheets!!! :)

~Aimee

Stacey said...

So glad I'm not the only one with kids who are slobs! How's he liking the MTC?

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones