
Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and one friend joined us to witness Eric being set apart (basically a priesthood blessing that includes being called and given authority) as a missionary by our Stake President, Larry Gibson (I didn't get a picture of them together....silly me). Once a missionary is set apart, then he needs to follow missionary rules which includes no electronics (Eric handed his phone over to Kylie as he sat down to receive his blessing and not one minute before!), nothing more than a handshake with females of the unrelated variety, etc so the setting apart usually happens just the night before the missionary leaves. Most missionaries leave on Wednesday so it usually happens on a Tuesday night. This needed to happen on a Monday night, which is family night so the setting apart was late (9 pm). We did have a family night with our immediate family just before everyone arrived. I had everyone share their feelings, memories about Eric. It was nice. Then, guess what? When President Gibson came, he asked that all the siblings, parents, aunts and uncles tell him two things about Eric: 1) why you love Eric and 2) why he will be a great missionary! Eric got to hear from all his siblings and parents twice! I wish there had been time to hear from his older cousins (especially Matt, Teemy and Daniel). Then Eric bore his testimony and then he was set apart. Now he is an official missionary--ready to go and serve!

Eric made sure he got to hug his favorite female friends before he was set apart!

Eric, being Eric, gave hugs to everyone. I love this picture with Michael Gearheart. Mike his Jerry and Donelle's nephew who has come to live with them for awhile. Eric really took Micheal under his wing and has been a good friend.

Uncle Don, Aunt Donelle, Mike Gearheart, Brandon, cousin Jantzan, Jacob Heuer, Robin and Ryan up front!

The older Heuer Cousins: Chris and Ginger talking to Kylie, Kelsey talking to Matt Heuer. Matt served his mission in Brazil. He has been a great resource for us!

Kelsey with cousins Jenessa and Alisa Moe.

Katrina had to give Eric a last hug on Monday night because she is a student teacher and had to work Tuesday morning.

A last good-bye to his favorite neice, Kamryn! She will be walking and talking when he gets home. We are going to show her this picture everytime she comes over so that she will know him when he gets home!

Now, time to learn about all his documents and flight schedules and what to do if the unexpected happens on the way down to Brazil.
1 comment:
I love these pictures. More! I want more! I didn't realize how much I missed everyone until looking at each photo and seeing how much these little kids aren't little anymore, and how much I love them! Thanks for posting these. Eric will be such a wonderful missionary and friend to the people in Brazil. He's going to love so many into the church. You and Randy have raised a great son. (All of your sons are great!) It's exciting to think about all the people he's going to touch and all the experiences he's going to have that will form him into the man he will be when he comes home. Makes me all the more excited for Aaron to follow in his footsteps in a year and a few months!
Post a Comment