8/1/08

A "Funny" thing Happened on the Way Home From Trina and Ryan's

No one was hurt, except for the cars, so I can joke about it .....
Last night, I was heading home from Katrina and Ryan's at about 11:15 at night. As I came up to the intersection of University Parkway and 800 West, (Wal-mart and UVU intersection) the light was green and the cars in the other lanes had started to moved into the intersection. I was in the furthest right lane and I came through at regular speed , and out of the blue, this car is about to ram into my Driver's side. It turns out he thought he had time to run "the yellow". He says it was yellow when he got to the intersection but we all know that there is about 3-4 seconds between the time a turn signal turns red and the opposite light turns green. He definitely ran a red light, in my opinion. He got a warning for not "yielding the right-of-way". Fortunately, I have an eye witness who was in one of the other lanes, and had started to enter the intersection because he had a "Green light" too when the guy decided to take "the yellow!" I happened to have my camera because we had just visited Kamryn so I took a few shots. It was dark....this shot is taken looking East. I was coming West, the black car was the one that hit me as he was turning from Eastbound to northbound. There were about five police cars and an ambulance that came really FAST.

This is his car....he pretty much lost the whole front end but he was able to drive away.


That's is HIS bumper and windshield fluid container by my car!


My axle was torqued so I couldn't drive away. My car had to be towed. My poor Dory! She just got fixed in June from a school bus taking off the front bumper.... I sure hope they will give me a rental car.

No comments:

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones