2/21/09

Kylie is bound for BYU-Hawaii


Kylie has always talked about wanting to go to University of Utah where she was accepted but when she was filling out applications, on a whim, she decided to apply at BYU-Hawaii where she was also accepted.
I always thought it would be too expensive but Randy, who loves Hawaii and would love to see his daughter go to school there, did a cost comparison and, amazingly enough, the cost, including air fair was practically the same (in fact, U of U, was $200 more).
So, after gathering more info, prayer and fasting, Kylie decided just yesterday to attend BYU-Hawaii. So she will be attending classes, probably in the morning, and hanging out at the beach to study, all afternoon! She has an "in" to get a job at the campus bookstore so financially she should be able to swing it.
We are so excited for her. Randy is tickled I think. I am totally envious. When I was going to school, I never even thought to look at Hawaii because I thought it would be too expensive! Just goes to show, never make assumptions! Randy gets to go over with her and get her all set up. I really want to go too but adding another airplane tickets seems a little silly.
We are so proud of Kylie. She has always worked hard school and done well even while taking more rigorous coursework. She is self-disciplined, self-motivated and very rarely stressed about her workload. She has a very easy-going and loving nature and has been so obedient and quick to learn important lessons. She is quick to serve and a good friend to all. We will really miss her while she is away at school.




4 comments:

Katrina said...

I'm SO SO SO excited for her and I'm thinking the same thing! Why didn't "I" think about going there!! I am SO jealous! Hopefully though we'll be able to go "visit" her! :) ha! :)

Linda said...

Congratulations! Kent has a conference there in December next year. Maybe he will see you!

Tamila said...

That's so exciting! I never even thought to apply there. I'm sure Kylie will do great. She's so pretty though, better be sure she doesn't come home married! (BYU Hawaii is notorious for that.)

Anonymous said...

Sounds fabulous- congratulations Kylie!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones